In no particular order:
- Indulge myself a little: I want to encourage myself not to hold back when I want to read a book, be it pleasure reading or one that won't come out until several months later, and I have to schedule my post date farther back.
- Read more: It's not easy to keep up with reading goals as a college student, and I'm working on getting my schedule arranged so that I'll have time to read more.
- Get personal: Since the beginning, I've tended to lean Imaginary Reads more towards the bookish and haven't really talked much about myself on the blog. I want to try and let blog readers get to know me a little more. To this end, I'm going to try and post Imaginary Chats more regularly, as well as join Top Ten Tuesday.
- Get around the blogosphere: I want to check out more new blogs and hopefully find some that I really like and comment on them regularly. I know that I always appreciate comments, especially when its a familiar face, and I'm looking to get to know more blogs.
- Use social media: I know that I was born in the new generation that's grown up with electronics, but I haven't really made full use of all my social media sites.
- Read more adult novels: I've been looking more into adult fantasy, urban fantasy, and paranormal books and have found some really good books in these genres. I've checked out a bunch from the library and look forward to getting more into this genre.
- Limit review requests / acceptances: I simply can't keep up with the amount of reading that I did in my high school and early college days.
- Read some children's classics: I've been adding more of my childhood reads to my Goodreads shelf and have been feeling nostalgic. I want to revisit some childhood classics, especially as I'm taking a Children's Lit class this semester.
- Clean out my TBR pile: I seriously have too many books on here that I've realized I'll never get around to reading if I don't start tackling them one by one. I want to read some books that I've been wanting to read for over a year now.
- Don't be afraid to jump into a book: I have a really bad habit of deciding to read a super awesome book that I'm super excited to start, and then... I just don't get around to reading it for a while. This might be a book by an author I love or the continuation of a series that I love.
How about you? What are your resolutions for 2014?