Top Social

Top Ten Resolutions for 2014

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

In no particular order:

  1. Indulge myself a little: I want to encourage myself not to hold back when I want to read a book, be it pleasure reading or one that won't come out until several months later, and I have to schedule my post date farther back.

  2. Read more: It's not easy to keep up with reading goals as a college student, and I'm working on getting my schedule arranged so that I'll have time to read more.

  3. Get personal: Since the beginning, I've tended to lean Imaginary Reads more towards the bookish and haven't really talked much about myself on the blog. I want to try and let blog readers get to know me a little more. To this end, I'm going to try and post Imaginary Chats more regularly, as well as join Top Ten Tuesday.

  4. Get around the blogosphere: I want to check out more new blogs and hopefully find some that I really like and comment on them regularly. I know that I always appreciate comments, especially when its a familiar face, and I'm looking to get to know more blogs.

  5. Use social media: I know that I was born in the new generation that's grown up with electronics, but I haven't really made full use of all my social media sites.

  6. Read more adult novels: I've been looking more into adult fantasy, urban fantasy, and paranormal books and have found some really good books in these genres. I've checked out a bunch from the library and look forward to getting more into this genre.

  7. Limit review requests / acceptances: I simply can't keep up with the amount of reading that I did in my high school and early college days.

  8. Read some children's classics: I've been adding more of my childhood reads to my Goodreads shelf and have been feeling nostalgic. I want to revisit some childhood classics, especially as I'm taking a Children's Lit class this semester.

  9. Clean out my TBR pile: I seriously have too many books on here that I've realized I'll never get around to reading if I don't start tackling them one by one. I want to read some books that I've been wanting to read for over a year now.

  10. Don't be afraid to jump into a book: I have a really bad habit of deciding to read a super awesome book that I'm super excited to start, and then... I just don't get around to reading it for a while. This might be a book by an author I love or the continuation of a series that I love.

How about you? What are your resolutions for 2014?
18 comments on "Top Ten Resolutions for 2014"
  1. As you said, a lot of our goals are really similar! We both want, for the most part, the same things! Haha I want to one day have the amazing audience you have and you want to be more personal. We can work on this ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally have this down, Lili! ;)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goals! Nice choice too :)
    http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-brand-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. Good luck with your goals as well!

      Delete
  3. Awesome goals!
    I hope you complete every single one <3
    Good luck!
    Here's Our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doris. Good luck with your resolutions as well!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the goals. I need to be more social, I like FB and Twitter, I just don't use Twitter all the much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenea. I don't use Twitter much either. I'm hoping to try and use it more often :)

      Delete
  5. I like your goal to get personal. It's a tough balance between sharing our books and sharing who we are, isn't it?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsey. Yeah, it's been tough finding the balance between the bookish and the personal. Hopefully I'll get a little closer to it this year!

      Delete
  6. Awesome goals, hope you complete them!

    Check out our resolutions for this year - OUaT TTT

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leydy. Good luck with yours as well!

      Delete
  7. A lot of people have said use social media more. I think I need to stay off it more lol

    I want to discover new blogs this year too. I haven't' had much time for my own blog so I've tended to stick to the few that I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I've been so busy with classes this past year that I haven't had much time for my blog either, much less visiting others!

      Delete
  8. Love these goals. I have to learn to cut down on the review requests I except too! I just get so excited that I say yes and then I fall behind..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that feeling, Kelsey! It's so hard to restrain myself with all these awesome-sounding books out there!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)