Saturday, February 16, 2013

Imaginary Chats: What Happened to Timeliness?

When I first started college, my greatest fear was that I would be too busy to keep up my reading schedule. I managed it just fine my first year and actually managed to pull off some big events with the help of breaks, during which I read until I could read no more. This year, I've been having more trouble what with taking more advanced classes and having heavier reading/project schedules for these classes. Honestly, I have no idea how I pulled off what I did last year. I really wish that I could hop into a time machine, go back to the past, and examine last year's me because I need that energy and drive back.

I'm really embarrassed by how little I've been posting this year and how poorly I've been able to keep on top of reviews and other posts that I've told myself that I was going to make. I've had to reschedule some posts and have been late responding to email or sending out emails that I mean to send. In the past, I've always managed to stay a couple weeks ahead of schedule and was always planning for the future, not the present. At minimum, I was hoping to post two reviews a week this semester, and you can see how well that's going. I suppose this is what I get for signing up for two English classes on top of other classes that actually assign homework unlike all the psyc classes I took last year (which only assigned textbook reading).

I'm trying to get through the next couple of weeks and my first midterms, after which spring break will hit and hopefully I can get caught up with all of these. In the meantime, I'll be floundering along and trying to stay sane. And again I apologize for my lack of timeliness. I am doing my best to get caught up!
 

4 comments:

  1. You and me both.
    I thought I had NO time last semester because I was SWAMPED in thesis papers, essays...art projects but I actually managed to read 20 books (many of them audiobooks)

    So I decided to "amp" it up this semester and take more classes....which is just stupid. Now I have classes from 7:30 to 6:15pm...and the I go home and crash.

    How people manage to work prt-time on top of school, I really have no clue. Everyone must be a cyborg, and I must've missed the memo for an upgrade.

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last semester was a nightmare. I was maxing out on credits and trying to take on too many organizational activities at once. I tried slowing it down this semester, but it's not working very well considering that my classes are higher levels. I understand how exhausting a full day of classes can be. I had a similar schedule to yours last spring, and it was nightmarish. It's times like these I too wish that I could upgrade to being a cyborg and run on little to no sleep. Then I might actually get everything done that I want to get done.

      Delete
  2. School and activities for your profession are more important than the blogging. So good to focus on the school work. But there is a juggling you just have to learn, because then you'll need to juggle blogging with a full time job. I know. It's hard. Just do what you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! Yeah, it's always a matter of prioritizing. I'll continue to do what I can do! :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers!