Monday, January 14, 2013

Review Lag Time

I had the mistaken belief that I could keep up with reviews while running around New York looking at art galleries and museums for an Arts Course. I was so, so wrong. After being on my feet for the vast majority of the day standing around and looking and writing about art, I'm so tired at night that I crash soon as I get back to my room. So there probably won't be many new posts this week, but I'll try to catch up next week.

On the bright side, I saw Wicked Friday night. It was breathtaking. I laughed and I cried there in the audience. There's nothing like seeing a story come to life on the stage... and the sound! It's to be expected on Broadway, but the singers are amazing. I'd talk more about it, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. And now I have a copy of the book by Gregory Maguire coming my way. It sounds awesome in a darker and different way than the musical based off it.

6 comments:

  1. How awesome you're in New York. Definitely enjoy your time there and don't worry about the blog. I can't believe how many books you read and review in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie. It's been really hectic, but I'm enjoying going around New York. There's so much to so and so little time!

      Delete
  2. I loved Wicked....the book and the musical. Maguire's series is great. I have the fourth book on my shelf waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo... I'm jealous. I can't wait until my copy of Wicked the book arrives :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers!