Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (28)

Sunday, August 5, 2012


Kris's Mailbox

HarlequinTeen package


For Review


Speechless by Hannah Harrington (ARC)
I adored Saving June, and I'm excited for Harrington's next book. The plot is also intriguing. What secret did the protagonist Chelsea share that got someone almost killed? How will she learn to forgive herself and earn forgiveness?
Look forward to my review!

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (ARC)
Alice + zombies = <3
Plus, that gorgeous, gorgeous cover. I've been dying to get a copy of this book!
Look forward to my review!

The Goddess Test by Aimme Carter (signed)
Harlequin sent me a signed edition of this book. Since I've already read it, I'll be giving this away to a blog follower sometime--soonish, I think ;)

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
I LOVE this book. You don't know how excited I am to have a real, live hardcover edition in my house. (Okay, maybe you do.) I am freaking out with the awesomeness that arrived in the mail.

The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney
Kelly is crushing on her good friend Hunter and plans to reveal her feelings to him. Then the boy recession hits her school with an overwhelming number of boys leaving the school. Other girls begin seeing Hunter in a new light, and Kelly must now fight for his affections. This sounds like a fun contemporary read!

My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annable Pitcher
Jamie is ten years old and doesn't understand the loss that has torn his family apart. He's more interested in present life than what happened five years ago and doesn't understand why his family is still crying. This looks like an emotional contemporary read. There aren't enough of these kinds of reads.


Lisa generously offered to send me an ARC after I interviewed with her, and she signed it! I love the gorgeous, gorgeous cover, and the book trailer is amazing. I'm so excited for this one!




Thanks to Harlequin Teen, Little Brown, and Lisa Stasse


How about you?
What books have you gotten recently? Leave a link to your mailbox post, and I'll drop by!
23 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (28)"
  1. Yay for awesome books! I love Julie and Aimee's books! ANd I'm looking forward to Alice! Enjoy!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-haul-of-diversity-tiredness.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Immortal Rules and am so excited to have a hardcopy at home! I'm also looking forward to Alice :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, great haul this week! I'm especially looking forward to Alice, that cover is fantastic! Happy reading :)

    IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm also looking forward to Alice :)

      Delete
  3. I want to read The Immortal Rules. I've been hearing about Goddess Girl too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Immortal Rules is amazing!! I definitely recommend reading it!

      Delete
  4. Alice: great! I can't wait to read that one, it looks so good :) And I LOVED The immortal rules (L)

    Happy reading :D
    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/showcase-sunday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Immortal Rules too!! It's amazing. I'm also looking forward to Alice :)

      Delete
  5. Def need to get to the Immortal Rules and I got The Boy Recession this week too. Hope you enjoy your fab books.

    StuckInBooks STS

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Immortal Rules is amazing, and I'm looking forward to starting The Boy Recession :)

      Delete
  6. Great Haul! All of the books looks so good, but I'm mostly jealous of
    The Boy Recession.

    Here is my book haul: http://writtenbybrittan.blogspot.com/2012/08/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Immortals! I still haven't read that one yet! I hope you enjoy it!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read it and absolutely love it! I had an e-ARC, so I was ecstastic to receive a hardcopy to treasure! :)

      Delete
  8. I kind of just want to steal all of these... ;) Well, The Immortal Rules is on my shelf waiting to be read, but definitely all the others! xD I hope you love them all & can't wait to see your reviews! Happy reading. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! My books are in danger!! D:< Thanks so much, Randi. I hope you enjoy The Immortal Rules as much as I have!

      Delete
    2. Hehehe. I hope so, too! :D

      Delete
  9. Waiting for the Forsaken to come to me and read it! :P Seems like a great book! And Alice is looking interesting though i still have my doubts it!

    Hope to enjoy them all!
    My new books: Newbies - July

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yiota. I hope you enjoy The Forsaken. Hopefully, Alice will be as wonderful a book as its cover! I tend to have good luck with Harlequin Teen ;)

      Delete
  10. Awesome haul! I can't wait to read The Immortal Rules and Alice in Zombieland. I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read The Immortal Rules a few months ago and it was pretty awesome! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM =)

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/08/in-my-mailbox-46-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Immortal Rules. I read it as an e-ARC, so I'm ecstatic to have a hardcopy of it!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)