Top Social

Imagine Weekly: Imagine My Mailbox (30)

Sunday, August 19, 2012


The Week in Review

This week's reviews:
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
White Raven by Irina Lopatina (tour stop)
Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Hollowed by Kelley York
Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle
Defiance by C.J. Redwine
Ciao by Bethany Lopez (tour stop)

Interviews:
Lisa M. Stasse
Kelley York
Irina Lopatina (Austin's first interview on the blog!)
Trisha Leigh (tour stop)

Special!
Awesome Ebook Deals Alert!
Austin is giving away a copy of Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon!



Kris's Mailbox

For Review


Bought


Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
I loved Princess Academy and was super excited when I got an invite to participate in the blog tour. A hardcopy of the book was provided for review purposes, and I got to interview one of my favorite authors of all time! (LOVE Shannon Hale's writing.) Come back for the tour stop August 24th!

Huber Hill and the Brotherhood of Coronado by B.K. Bostick
I loved Huber Hill #1 and was delighted to get an invite to participate in the tour for the second book. I actually read this book immediately after downloading it to my Kindle. It is just as fabulous as book one. Come back August 25th for my review, an interview with B.K. Bostick, and a giveaway of this book!

Sneak (Swipe #2) by Evan Angler
I'm participating in the blog tour for Sneak (date yet to be confirmed). It looks amazing. As I hadn't read Swipe yet either, I also received a copy of the first book.

Refuge by Carol Rummage
This looks like an interesting read. The cover and synopsis are mysterious and haunting. I'm looking for something not so action-packed to read in between all the action-packed goodies in my TBR&Review pile.sparse

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
I have all of Sarah Dessen's books in paperback now! (Except for What Happened to Goodbye.) Since I had all her other books old-cover style, I freaked out when all the online sites stopped offering Dreamland with the original paperback cover. Luckily, I dropped by a Barnes and Noble store Friday and found the original paperback. I bought it.

Forest Born by Shannon Hale
Books of Bayern. All four books sitting on my bookshelf now! If it isn't obvious already, I'll read anything by Shannon Hale. She's awesome.

Thanks to Bloomsbury, Thomas Nelson, and Cedar Fort.
Also thanks to Barnes and Noble (for stocking up on two books I wanted to buy this week). For that, I'll forgive you for hiding Tamora Pierce from me. More exploration of the YA shelves' new location needed.



How about you?
What books have you gotten recently? Leave a link to your mailbox post, and I'll drop by!

8 comments on "Imagine Weekly: Imagine My Mailbox (30)"
  1. Those are some great books Kris! I hope you enjoy them all.

    I got a lot of awesome books this week including ARCs of Enchanted by Alethea Kontis, Velveteen by Daniel Marks, Beta by Rachel Cohn, and Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. I also got a sneak preview version of The Archived by Victoria Schwab from Netgalley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. You have some awesome books there as well. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I have Swipe. I got about 17 pages into it to meet the characters and put it down to read something else. I do plan on finishing it, but the characters were sort of flat to me. One girl hated that she moved across country and left her mom behind. One guy was a creep. And the other one was paranoid about everything. I was just like "yeah... okay..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that Swipe wasn't for you. Keep me updated on your progress. I'll let you know how it goes for me. :)

      Delete
  3. Swipe sounds really good! I think I'm going to have to look into reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)