Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (26)

Sunday, July 22, 2012


Kris's Mailbox

For Review
(Hardcopy ARCs)


Surprise package sent by HarperCollins


(Ecopy ARCs)


Drain You by M. Beth Bloom
This arrived in the mail back in the United States (I have my sources...) as part of a package sent to me by HarperTeen (the three hardcopy ARCs you see listed). I looked up the synopsis and have no idea what to expect. We'll see when I get back and get the chance to read it!

Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
I haven't read book one, as I never got around to it. I honestly have no time or means to read book one, so cheers to hoping I don't get lost while reading this without having read the first book!

Destiny by Gillian Shields
I have not read any of the first three books in this series, though I did skim through book one in the bookstore way back in the day (or did I read all of it?). This is the first book told from Helen's perspective, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to read this as a standalone. Currently ignoring the raging temptation to read the first three books (or I will fall even more behind my TBR&Review pile).

The Unfailing Light by Robin Bridges
 I absolutely LOVE the first book and cannot wait to get started on book two and see where it all goes! But I'm stuck in the U.K. right now and can't download my review copy *twitch* Kindles just won't let you use a public WiFi service to download books, will they?

Two and Twenty Dark Tales by various authors
I recognize some author names and am interested in seeing what dark retellings they have come up with for Mother Goose Rhymes.


Thanks to HarperCollins, Random House, and Month9Books!


How about you?
What books have you gotten recently? Leave a link to your IMM, and I'll drop by!
14 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (26)"
  1. I haven't read any of these but Drain You sounds great! I hope you'll enjoy your new books :)

    Here's my book haul for this week if you'd like to take a look.

    Happy reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky. I'll be checking your book haul. Have a great week yourself!

      Delete
  2. Great set! I love the cover for The Unfailing Light. What was the first book?
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too. The first book is The Gathering Storm!

      Delete
  3. Seems like everyone is getting that surprise package from Harper! Jealous! I can't wait to read Sweet Shadows, it's going to be AWESOME!! I need to know what's going to happen next!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like they're promoting these books, as they're being published this week. Unfortunately, I'm not at home to read them immediately, so my reviews will be going up early to mid August (when I *can* get my hands on them)!

      Delete
  4. Drain You looks pretty good! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM =)

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-45.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige. Heading over to your blog now to take a look at what you have for this week!

      Delete
  5. Oh, you definitely have some great books waiting for you! :D Happy reading, I hope you enjoy them all ^^

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/showcase-sunday-amazing-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so cool you got hardcover ARCs :D
    Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul this week! I have already added it to my TBR list.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2243

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)