Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (22)

Sunday, June 10, 2012


Kris's Mailbox

For Review

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
I love Peter Pan and am always up for a good retelling or, in this case, a good prequel. I'm especially excited for the chance to see things through another character's perspective. 

A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
I LOVE A Need So Beautiful (read my review here) and am super excited to read book two. Charlotte and Harlin are an adorable couple, and I'm sad that Charlotte has lost her memories. I need to find out what happens!

So Close to You by Rachel Carter
I was hooked when I saw the words "abandoned military base" in the synopsis. I'm intrigued by the Montauk Project that took place at the base.

Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday
This was included in a pack of ARCs that HarperTeen sent me. For some reason, I thought that it was going to be another paranormal read (I think it was because of book one's title and cover) and wasn't sure if I wanted to read it or not, but then I read the synopsis and realized that this is was a mystery novel. The humor and characters really stood out to me in this one, and I ended up loving the book. 

Once by Anna Carey
I loved the first book (read my review here) and knew I had to pick up book two!

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
I love Jane Austen's novels, so when I heard that this book is based off Persuasion, I knew I had to read this, especially because this isn't a normal retelling. It's a retelling set in a dystopian world. How cool is that?

Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
Overachievers suddenly deciding to get involved in school activities? This shouts contemporary with humor. And I love a good contemporary read. I'm excited to see how the girls fare in their "greatest challenge" yet, to quote the synopsis.


Girl Out Loud by Emily Gale
This screams contemporary read with humor. I would be horrified if my dad made me audition for a TV talent show and am interested in seeing what kind of show Kass manages to pull off. P.S. The cover is adorable.

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
I'm participating in a feature of the Maximum Ride series as it comes to a close and will be reviewing book one at the blog soonish! I don't know how I missed out on this series all these years, but this book is engrossing, and I will definitely be reading the rest of the books.

Dark Souls by Paula Morris
England setting + intense, mysterious hot boys + gorgeous cover = must read
Plus, I love dark (read: intense) paranormal/fantasy books.

The Invisible World by Suzanne Weyn
I love historical fiction, and it's been a while since I read one on the Salem Witch Trials (the last one being The Witch of Blackbird Pond back in grade school--that long ago).

The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
I'm intrigued by the whole idea behind Eva's existence and am dying to read this book to find out what happens now that Eva must replace Amarra. Will she be found out or not? And why was she made in the first place?

Defiance by C.J. Redwine
I love fantasy and adventure, and Defiance comes with the whole package, plus what sounds like a hot protector. It doesn't hurt that I love the cover.

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kodi Keplinger
This sounds like a fun, light-hearted contemporary read. Whitely's dad gets remarried, and her new stepbrother is her one-night stand from graduation night. Awkward much?

e-ARCs
I also received various e-ARCs, but the post would go on forever. This IMM is the accumulation of several weeks... a couple of months... of none-IMM-posting. You'll see what I received when I post my reviews!


Bought

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
I love Sarah Dessen's books. While at the mall the other day, I dropped by Barnes and Noble and visited the teen section. Looking the row of Sarah Dessen books, I made a compulsive purchase and got a book of hers that I've been meaning to read for a while. Auden and Eli's respective stories are compelling, and I can't wait to get started on this book!

How about you?
What books have you gotten recently?



Current Giveaways
FF100 giveaway of hot YA titles!
36 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (22)"
  1. EEEEEEP! A Want So Wicked. Social Suicide. Once. I'm stalking HC for these books. I can't wait to read them! You're very lucky to get these. HC never prints ARCs in Australia!! *drools* Happy reading! Great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I'm excited myself. It sucks that you don't get ARCs in Australia. If shipping weren't so expensive, I would send you a couple.

      Delete
  2. Ah! You have For Darkness Shows the Stars, Once, and Defiance. I'm so jealous right now. XD You've been cranking out reviews at a crazy pace. Don't have writer burnout. I hope you have a wonderful time reading these! Amazing haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I'll try not to burn out. It's just that I've been on hiatus too much recently, first because of exams and then I had to get sick right afterwards!

      Delete
  3. Totally jealous over pretty much all of these books!! I hope you enjoy them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a mailbox! All of those books are either amazing or look amazing! Hands down you have the best mailbox this week. I hope you enjoy your books!!! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need to read tiger lily asap! thanks for sharing, i hadn't seen it before. your button for your mailbox is so cute!!

    my post is here:
    Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a great book, doesn't it? Thanks! I took the picture for the button myself :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, SO. MUCH. AWESOMENESS! All of those HaperCollins books are ones that I'm SO excited to read, Defiance and For Darkness Shows the Stars especially! I could probably write a paragraph for how much I want to read all of them, but I guess I could save that for your reviews instead haha :')

    Anyways, amazing mailbox this week, Kris! I hope you enjoy all the AMAZING books you got for review this week! <3 And good luck on all your exams -- we'll be home free soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimi. I would love to hear your thoughts on these books when I get my reviews out!

      Delete
  7. Tiger Lily! and For Darkness Shows the Stars! These two are at the top of my list :)
    Beautiful stack of books, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, margie. I'm really excited for these as well!

      Delete
  8. I love the Maximum Ride series I'm sad that its coming to an end! I can't wait to read So Close To You I should be getting it in the next few weeks! I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM!

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-38-weekly-wrap-up-and.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying The Angel Experiment thus far. Can't wait to read the rest of the Maximum Ride series. This is the one time I'm glad I found the series so late--I don't have to wait for the other books to come out!

      Delete
  9. Very nice gathering you have here. I really am jealous over Social Suicide. I have Deadly Cool and I have been waiting to read it till I get the sequel!

    Hope you enjoy all your books! New Follower!

    Here is my IMM

    Kelley Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley. Social Suicide is an amazing book. :)

      Delete
  10. I'm pretty much jealous of every single book you got. Especially Tiger Lily!


    Care to check out my IMM/Stacking the Shelves?
    Have a great week!
    -Danie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danie. I'm excited for Tiger Lily as well. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  11. such amazing books that you have for this week! I am so jealous =)

    have fun reading them all!

    here's mine:
    http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2012/06/book-haul-35.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome books can't wait to read your reviews on them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I'm hyped for these books :)

      Delete
  13. I see ONCE T_T and So Close to You T________T and The Lost Girl T_T
    so many amazing books!!!!! >.<
    ooooh Sarah Dessen's one :P
    Happy reading!!!

    Here's what books I got this week :D-> http://bookpics-reading2alba.blogspot.com/2012/06/stacking-shelves-6.html if you'd like to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alba!

      I love Sarah Dessen's books. She's one of my all-time favorite authors! :)

      Delete
  14. oh WOWZER! THAT IS LIKE HARPER ATTACK!
    I REALLY want to read The Lost Girl!! and Tiger Lily!!

    awesome books, seriously!

    - juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Harper books :D I do have books from other publishers as well, but these were the books within my reach at the moment so it *does* look like a Harper attack, doesn't it?

      Delete
  15. Awesome books this week! I want A Midsummer's Nightmare soo bad! Enjoy! Check out what's IMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zakiya. It looks like a fun contemporary read!

      Delete
  16. I am excited for you. So many there I want to read. I look forward to your reviews. my IMM http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/06/mailbox-monday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! I hope you'll hang around and comment on my reviews to let me know what you think about the books :)

      Delete
  17. Awesome books! I am really looking forward to starting Once, hopefully soon! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christy. I'm really looking forward to Once myself!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)