Top Social

Imagine This: Favorite Fantasy Novels

Saturday, June 9, 2012
Imagine This is a feature hosted by Austin at Imaginary Reads. Austin comes up with a question that asks readers to explore a book and come up with an outcome using the power of imagination.

This week's question:
What are your favorite fantasy novels and why?

My Answer:

My favorite fantasy novels are the Inheritance series and the Redwall series.

Eragon is a creative take on the typical adventure novel. It constructs an enticing fantasy world and the action pulls you in. Plus... there's the twist of "Eragon, I AM YOUR (half) BROTHER!!!!!!" What more is there to say?

The Redwall series is a classic series for all ages. I remember reading it as an elementary school kid and being fascinated by the vast history and geography of the world. Most of the books only vaguely connect with each other, and they all tell a different part of the fantasy world's history. Most long series get boring, and you have to read them all in order, but with the Redwall series, you can start with any book and never get bored with the series.


Kris's Answer:
The Books of Bayern series

The plots are fairly simple on a surface level, making the story easy to follow and engaging at the same time, filled with just the right mix of court intrigue and action. The protagonists have powerful voices. Each has his/her own issues with self-identity, and we grow with the characters as the story progress.

4 comments on "Imagine This: Favorite Fantasy Novels"
  1. I enjoyed Eragon, but as a Tolkien fan, I couldn't help but to notice the alarming similarities between the two, chiefly Eragon's name, verses Aragorn's name. But it was still a brilliant book nonetheless.

    Ahhh! Shannon Hale is AMAZING and I absolutely LOVE The Goose Girl! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't count the number of times I've reread The Goose Girl! :)

      Delete
  2. Also, the hair? Can we talk about the hair? I wish I could master such a spectacularly flowy, braided 'do. Guess that's another one of Ani's gifts I don't have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)