Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (24)

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kris's Mailbox

For Review

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
The synopsis is haunting, and chills ran down my body when I read it. I love the idea of hybrids, and I love the cover. Need I say more?

Team Human by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Brennan
I knew I was going to like this one when I saw the words "team human." That's the team I'd choose, as much as I love a good paranormal romance.So I knew going in that Mel and I would share some views. Plus, the humor!
My review will be going live tomorrow.

Glass Heart by Amy Garvey
I was actually cool with Cold Kiss being a single and didn't know until a couple months ago that there was going to be a sequel. This book was in the package Harper Collins sent me. I like Amy Garvey's writing, so I'll be checking it out. This book is more paranormal-y than book one with Wren experimenting with her abilities.

Over You by Emma McLaughlin, Nicola Kraus
When a novel is called hilarious, and the topic is interesting, I'm going to want to read it. I love good humor in a book just as much as I like a haunting voice. This looks so, so good, and the cover is adorable. (Tangent: Next time, I ought to take the picture, so you can see the individual covers. I also loved the covers for What's Left of Me and Erasing Time.)

Erasing Time by C.J. Hill
Romantic thriller? A futuristic setting? Count me in.
And a guy named Echo? That's hot.


Diverse Energies by 11 speculative fiction authors
Requested off Netgalley as soon as I saw the names Paolo Bacigalupi and Ursula Le Guin.



Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
LOVE Shannon Hale. Period.

Thanks to HarperTeen, Thomas Nelson, Lee & Low Books, and Bloomsbury Children's Books for these wonderful titles.


How about you?
What books have you gotten recently? Leave a link to your IMM, and I'll drop by!
6 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (24)"
  1. Team Human and What´s Left of Me sound intereting.
    Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somenice titles there. I have heard good things about what's left of me and team human.

    You can check out my IMM here: http://sapphireddragon http://sapphireddragon.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-27.html

    Have a great week and happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THERE'S A NEW PRINCESS ACADEMY OUT! WHY DID NO ONE INFORM ME! - cries self to sleep - But seriously, enjoy because I'm sure it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing stack of books! I am really looking forward to reading Team Human and Over You, they both not only sound good, but funny too.
    Enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of What's Left of Me I love the cover =) I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-40-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week! What's Left of Me and Over You sound reallly good! Enjoy your books! Here's my IMM- http://youngatheartbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)