Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (23)

Sunday, June 17, 2012


Kris's Mailbox

For Review
While this is about an angry girl, the synopsis suggests that this will be a fun contemporary read. I love contemps with a good sense of humor and complex characters. (A good example of one is A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger.)

Dualed by Elsie Chapman
I'm on a dystopian craze with all these amazing dystopians coming out one after the other. This one not only has an interesting plot, it looks like there's going to be a good amount of action. A fight to the death between you and your alt? Epicness. Your worst enemy is yourself after all. I would start reading this right now, but I have a schedule to keep. Look forward to my review closer to the pub date in February!


Bought
Sarah Dessen boxed sets
Sarah Dessen rules. I have read and loved the books in the first set (Just Listen, This Lullaby, The Truth About Forever) in addition to What Happened to Goodbye. They are books that I can keep on rereading forever, and I can do just that now that I have these books in my possession. I am looking forward to reading the books in the second set for the first time.

How about you?
What books have you gotten recently? Leave a link to your IMM, and I'll drop by!
18 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (23)"
  1. Great week! Sarah Dessen is awesome. My favorites of hers are Just Listen, The Truth About Forever, and Along for the Ride. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Listen and The Truth About Forever are some of my favorites as well. I bought Along for the Ride recently and plan on reading it soon!

      Delete
  2. Just Listen is my favorite Sarah Dessen book. Dualed sounds like a great book too. You have to fight to the death with your alt, which is essentially yourself? Sounds pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Sarah Dessen

      I know right? I can't begin to fathom what it'd be like to fight myself. Maybe I'll get a clue once I start Dualed!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh! Sarah Dessen! I've read NONE of her books and I need to remedy that ASAP. I hope I can find the time at the end of the year for them. They look wonderful ;)

    All Hail The Mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! They're books that I believe are must-reads :)

      Delete
  4. Dueled looks really good. I'm going to interview Elsie next year when her book comes out. I just got Shadow and Bone this week. So excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow and Bone is on my TBR list. I'm really excited for it as well, but I have yet to get a copy. I need to get on that!

      Delete
  5. Dueled looks good, haven't seen it before either! And yes - get Shadow and Bone -very good!

    Our Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for Dueled! I've been hearing good things about Shadow and Bone. I need to get myself a copy!

      Delete
  6. Wow, look at all those Sarah Dessen beauty's! I have only read one of her books, I really do need to catch up too!
    Enjoy all of your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely in love with her books. I'm really, really happy to have her books in my possession now! <3

      Delete
  7. That's a great haul of books. I think I have a couple of Sarah Dessen's books somewhere, I should really dig them out and give them a go.

    I hope you enjoy all your books. Here is my IMM if you get a chance pop over to my blog and have a look - http://peeringoverthepages.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-7.html?showComment=1339970094700

    Happy reading,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You should definitely give Sarah Dessen's books a go! :)

      Delete
  8. I've heard so many great things about Sarah Dessens books lately, I can't wait to read Along For The Ride which is the only one I have =) I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM!

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-39-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought Along for the Ride last week and am looking forward to reading it as well :)

      Delete
  9. Great mailbox! Hadnt heard of Confessions of an Angry Girl but it looks good and I'll def be adding it to my TBR pile. Enjoy your haul! :)

    My IMM @ Crazed Bookie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)