Top Social

Book Review: Spellcaster

Saturday, April 7, 2012
Spellcaster (Spellbound #2)
by Cara Lynn Shultz

5 Stars: Recommended
Publication: March 27, 2012 (Paperback)
Pages: 384
Author: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Buy it: Amazon (Hardcopy) | KindleB&N | Book Depository

Finding your eternal soulmate - easy.

Stopping a true-love-hungry evil - not so much…

After breaking a centuries-old romantic curse, Emma Connor is (almost) glad to get back to normal problems. Although...it's not easy dealing with the jealous cliques and gossip that rule her exclusive Upper East Side prep, even for a sixteen-year-old newbie witch. Having the most-wanted boy in school as her eternal soul mate sure helps ease the pain-especially since wealthy, rocker-hot Brendan Salinger is very good at staying irresistibly close....

But something dark and hungry is using Emma and Brendan's deepest fears to reveal damaging secrets and destroy their trust in each other. And Emma's crash course in ├╝ber-spells may not be enough to keep them safe…or to stop an inhuman force bent on making their unsuspected power its own.

I've been anticipating this book since falling in love with Spellbound last year. I was devastated when I finished the Spellbound, as I didn't want Brendan and Emma's story to be over. Imagine my excitement when I learned that there would be a sequel and one where we see more of Emma's witchiness! Cara Lynn Shultz has more than met my expectations with Spellcaster and its enchanting world of witchcraft and true love.

Emma and Brendan are as in love as in book one, and their relationship hold strong through all the hate-glares that Emma has been receiving and the rumors spreading since Brendan saved Emma's life at the end of book one. They are adorable together. With no curse holding them back, they are free to be together and express their love in the open. The two make up one of my favorite YA couples.

Romance isn't all there is to this book. There is suspense and tension with the threat of attack. Someone wants to hurt the happy couple, and there are others who would help. Although Brendan wants to protect Emma, she has been learning more about her powers and taken up kickboxing classes, rising up to challenges that come their way. She is an independent girl and will do anything to protect those that she loves, even if it means withholding critical information from them.

Cara Lynn Shultz wraps up Brendan and Emma's story in this brilliantly written sequel filled with magic, witches, and romance. The sweet couple has stolen my heart time after time across the two books. Emma's friend Angelique and others steal some of the stage for themselves in this sequel, further developing Emma and Brendan's world. Once you finish the series, reread it again if you love it as much as I do!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the publisher. No payment was received in return for a review. The receipt of the book had no influence on the opinions expressed in my review.
3 comments on "Book Review: Spellcaster"
  1. I love this series. I love that Emma can take care of herself and that she and Brendan really work well together. I like the magic and the plot.

    Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series too! Check out my review and author interview here:
    http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2012/02/spellcaster-by-cara-lynn-shultz-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved getting to know more about Emma's magical powers and seeing some of Angelique's perspective-those were some of my favorite parts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)