Top Social

Treasure Reads (6)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Characters in Love: Edition 1
Favorite Boys


Treasure Reads is a feature at Imaginary Reads where Kris talks about special reads. This may be from as recent as the past week to as far back as a childhood favorite. This may be from a character I adore to a new author I discovered to lines from a book that I want to share with readers.

Some of my favorites
I apologize in advance if I sound like a charmed idiot here. If I didn't keep my praise to short, very concise, lines, then I would have been in danger of going on a rave here! Which is why I included some quotations that give a little insight into the hearts of these characters. I think you'll enjoy these a lot more than hearing about why I love this boys so much.

Ren
Hot, sexy, protective. Witty.
“Please don’t do this,” he whispered. “Come back with me. We’ll talk to Logan; there has to be an explanation. The Keepers need us; we’re the alphas. We’ll figure this out. They won’t hurt you. I won’t let them.”
― Andrea Cremer, Nightshade
Sam
Sweet and gentle. Understanding and compassionate.
“I'd give anything to make things right for you. "He caressed my cheek, my hair, my back. Everywhere he touched, the angry fires cooled. I wished he'd touch my heart. "But I can't. I can help, but the hard work is all up to you, If you don't feel real, no one else can do it for you. I promise, though you've always felt real to me. From the moment I saw you jump off the cliff."
- Jodi Meadows, Incarnate
Cole
Hot, dangerous, a bad boy with a heart and passion. Love his sense of humor.
- Brodi Ashton, Everneath
“I was in the neighborhood," he said, answering the question I was about to ask. His lips twitched. "You know, wandering around, trying to be a hero.”
Tucker
He's a cowboy! Sweet and seductive with his rustic charm. And he loves the outdoors.
“What do you see in a guy like Christian Prescott?" he asked me that night when he dropped me off from prom. And what he was really saying then, what would have come through loud and clear if I hadn't been so blind was, why don't you see me?”
― Cynthia Hand, Unearthly

How about you? Who are your favorite guys in YA? Any favorite lines you'd like to share from them?
3 comments on "Treasure Reads (6)"
  1. Oh wow. I LOVE TUCKER!! And that first kiss in the first book? Totally swoon-worthy!

    One of my favorite guys is Callum from Callum and Harper by Fisher Amelie. He and Harper are both foster kids who are kicked out of the system at 18 because they haven't been adopted. She's scared, he's scared. But he always hopes and that hope heals her.

    Here's one of my favorite lines:

    "Oh dear Lord, we're leaving at the same time. If she hadn't stopped attempting to hide her smile, I would've been forced to reveal my plans to toss the stranger outside against the brick and kiss her face until the sun set."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my other favorite guy? Ethan Wate from Beautiful Creatures. He's willing to die - TO DIE - to save Lena. They talk to each other telepathically. He saves her, loves her, and even kisses her despite the fact that it physically hurts him.

    He went into the Tunnels for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Tucker. I reread Unearthly a couple months ago after reading Hallowed. I just had to :D

    Callum sounds like such a sweet guy. I really need to read Callum and Harper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)