Top Social

Characters in Love: Dana Michelle Burnett's Ideal Guy

Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Today, Dana Michelle Burnett, author of Spiritus, is here to talk about her ideal guy.

Becca McAllister has always been different from other girls her age. Never part of the "in crowd", Becca never really fit in anywhere. When her mother, her father moves them to the small town of Corydon, Indiana. There, Becca accidentally makes contact with Alastor Sinclair, a seductive spirit that haunts the halls of her new home and who seems to see straight into her soul.

The closer they get, the more Becca realizes that this isn't the first time she and Alastor have known each other. Worse still, is she the one responsible for his death so long ago? And if so, did he come back for love or revenge?

My Ideal Guy
Dana Michelle Burnett

First, a big thanks to Kris for allowing me to participate in the Characters in Love Event. It’s strange to think about what makes up my ideal guy, but since I’ve been working on the Spiritus series the past year, my number one requirement is that he be alive and not a ghost!

When I think of my ideal guy, I think of someone romantic, but not to the point of being corny. Don’t come at me with a goofy smile talking about moonlight and roses! When I have the flu, be willing to go two counties over to get me my favorite cheesecake brownies without expecting a medal. I don’t expect a man to be the love of my life anymore, but I want him to be the love that I can’t live without.

As far as appearance, that varies depending on my mood. On Mondays, I love the dark mystery of Johnny Depp, the abs of Taylor Lautner, the soulful eyes of Patrick Dempsey, and the boyish smile of Bradley Cooper. Each one of these has qualities that I find irresistible, but none of them are the “perfect” guy. On Tuesdays, the sexiness of Orlando Bloom takes center stage. Wednesdays tend to bring out love of the bad boy and Johnny Depp is back, maybe with a little of Charlie Sheen’s crooked grin. Starting to get the idea?

So, I guess since there is no brownie getting Depp-Lautner-Dempsey-Cooper-Bloom-Depp-Sheen hybrid out there; I’ll just have to make do creating heroes in my novels that fit into that ever changing mold and look for love among mere mortals.



Dana's WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Dana Michelle Burnett spent most of her life writing short stories and sharing them with family and friends. Over the years, her work was published in numerous commercial and literary magazines. In 2010, Burnett's first novel, Ghost Country, was released. She followed that with the release of her first romance novel, Two Out of Three in the summer of 2011. Spiritus is the first novel in her new paranormal romance series by the same name.



Giveaway
Dana is giving away ebooks of Spiritus to five lucky winners!

Details:
Open internationally
Ends March 8th
To enter, fill out the form below. Do not include your email in the comments section.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
6 comments on "Characters in Love: Dana Michelle Burnett's Ideal Guy"
  1. Omg, this line: " Depp-Lautner-Dempsey-Cooper-Bloom-Depp-Sheen hybrid" killed me! BWAHAHA, too funny!

    Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree - a romantic guy who's not corny! Meaningful romance is so much better than just lip-service and platitudes. Quirky kind of nerdy romance is even better:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the yummilicious guest post! I hadn't heard of Spiritus before- and now I'm excited for the chance to win it! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Spiritus is my kind of book - would love to win it!

    Thanks!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great book, definetly want to check it out - thanks so much for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)