Top Social

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Saturday, February 11, 2012
Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 372
Source: Bought
Rating: 5 stars - Étienne, Enough Said
Publisher: Dutton
Buy it: Amazon, Kindle, B&N, Book Depository
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
Oh Étienne, Étienne, wherefore art thou Étienne? (Cue dreamy sigh)

There's something about Stephanie Perkins' boys. They're all special in their own way and after reading about them, you'll inevitably wish that you had one of them for yourself.  Étienne, in this case, has the dreamiest accent ever, goes to school in Paris, and is perfectly French, if you get what I mean.

Okay, now that I'm done gushing about the boy... Anna--I have no idea what I can say about her. All I can say is that I wish I was her so I could have her boyfriend. She's a very relatable heroine, except for the fact that she ends up with a hot boyfriend.

The story itself is sweet, full of misunderstandings that will had me whispering vehemently at the book, and all in all, is a love story that stays in your heart. On any normal occasion, I'd recommend it to most everybody (except maybe, if you're male, hate romances, and game 24/7). However, this is February, and Valentines Day is approaching. This makes Anna a must-read for everybody. And I mean everybody.

It doesn't matter if you're in a relationship, rejected, single, or (like me,) forever alone--Anna is the one book you should have with you on February 14th this year, because even if you don't have your own romance, you'll still be heart-warmed by Anna and smile through the day.

Related Posts:
Read my review of Lola and the Boy Next Door
Read Kris' review of Lola and the Boy Next Door
5 comments on "Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss"
  1. Agreed. ANNA is the perfect book for Valentines Day! I loved how cheerful and dreamy and fun the book was! Definitely need to reread it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing Anna!

    I can vouch for how sweet a read this is - Stephanie Perkins is awesome.

    Maybe guys should start reading these books and get some pointers:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this book for a while now! It's been on hold at my library for two months though :( I've still got like 7 people ahead of me too. Frig! Maybe I'll just go to BN and sit down and read it in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite reads from last year. And yeah, Etienne is a dreamy guy :)
    Thanks for the lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is just something about this book, something I cannot explain, that makes it amazing. For me, I think it was the relationship between Anna and St. Clair and how I felt it relates so much to my current situation. This book was just fabulous. While this may not be the best review ever, I cannot think of words to fully describe how I felt about this book besides the words "awesome" and "wonderful" which I have used many times. Everyone needs to pick up a copy of Anna and the French Kiss as soon as possible!!! I cannot wait for its two companion books because Stephanie Perkins has captured my heart with this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)