Top Social

Treasure Reads: Books for Keeps

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Treasure Reads is a feature at Imaginary Reads where Kris talks about special reads. This may be from as recent as the past week to as far back as a childhood favorite. This may be from a character I adore to a new author I discovered to lines from a book that I want to share with readers.

Since my reading appetite is greater than my pockets can feed, the library has long since become one of my best friends. I have scoured library after library for new books to read, and my school librarians all grew to know me. However, even after reading a book at the library, there are some that just call out to you. That you continue to revisit.

One day, my family decided to visit the mall for whatever reason, and I dropped by Barnes and Noble. There, I saw a familiar title sitting on the shelf. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. That was also the day that I found out that it is actually the first in a series. I love fantasy books, especially those with unique magic and a fairy-tale-like air about them, and The Goose Girl is one of those books. That day, I bought the first three books to the Books of Bayern series, and I spent the afternoon rereading The Goose Girl.

How about you? What books are the ones you will keep on your bookshelf forever? Let me know in the comments section. I love hearing from you, especially when there's a chance to find out about new books to read!
1 comment on "Treasure Reads: Books for Keeps"
  1. Hello there, simply becosbobetme alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)