Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (21)

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kris's Mailbox

I receive a fair amount of books, and sharing them all wouldn't allow me to spotlight why I'm looking forward to them, as it would involve a super long post that no one will read. From now on, my IMM's will be a combination of IMM and Waiting on Wednesday. I will spotlight a couple books that I received for review and explain why I am looking forward to them.

For Review
   

Gifted


Thanks to Harper Teen for these books (and, yes, they are hardcopy ARCs)! Click on the cover images for more about them.

Unraveling and Masque of the Red Death sound like phenomenal reads from their synopses. While I read and love many genres, I have a particular interest in books with supernatural elements in them, especially when there is plenty of action and intrigue. As a bonus, I adore the covers, especially that of Masque of the Red Death. It's shiny!

Unraveling is about a girl (Janelle) who knows that she has been brought back to life by a loner from her high school (Ben). After uncovering a clock that is ticking a countdown towards something, Janelle must uncover Ben's secret, while trying not to fall in love with them in the process, to save life as she knows it. I must add that Janelle's father is an FBI agent, which had a major impact in my initial interest in the story as it promises plenty of action along with the ticking clock.

Masque of the Red Death provides less detail in its synopsis and intrigues me with whispers of a crumbling city. Araby is a girl with a gorgeous name who lives for nights in the Debauchery Club, where everyone has secrets. If this isn't intriguing, what is? Masque of the Red Death is just the kind of dark book that promises to keep me vested in it, wanting to turn the page yet unwilling to turn it.

The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is a 180-degree turn from the dark paranormal books that have been flooding the YA market. Girls who have access to magic through the tears of brokenhearted boys? This promises to be a fun read, and it is a perfect read for the Characters in Love event that I'm hosting at Imaginary Reads this February!
12 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (21)"
  1. These look really good. Especially Unraveling. I have been seeing it everywhere! Great haul this week and happy reading!
    You can check out my IMM here.
    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. These three are books I have been really wanting to read too! Unraveling and Masque of Red Death look really unique and exciting! I love the idea behind the Secret Sisterhood. Breaking hearts sounds like something I want to read about ;-)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masque of the Red Death looks absolutely amazing (also, the cover is beyond gorgeous). Hope you enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masque of the Red Death looks stunning and it's cover kind of reminds me of a mix of Dearly, Departed and The Girl In The Steel Corset. I hope you enjoy it:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read Masque of Red Death it looks so good! Come check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard about any of these books so thanks for sharing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo Unraveling sounds soo good! I hope you like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! I've heard great things about Masque of Red Death. I want to read it.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im jealous! Great set of books! New blog follower. Check out my IMM and follow me back via GFC if possible at:
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. these all look fantastic, especially masque. lucky you. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)