Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (20)

Sunday, January 15, 2012


Kris's Mailbox

For Review:






 (Click on cover images for book synopsis)

Thanks to HarperTeen, HarlequinTeen, Tanglewood, and Random House Children's Books

After attending a live chat with Leah Clifford, I got a copy of A Touch Mortal, read it, and loved it, so I'm excited to receive an ARC of A Touch Morbid. The ending was foreboding and left me hanging. The Selection is about a girl named America, who has been randomly chosen to compete among others for the prince's heart. America wants a different guy, and her heart is torn. This is such an interesting dystopian, very much unlike the other ones I've read, and I can't wait to read this!

I read and loved Spellbound this past year. Cara could have ended Emma's story with that book, so I'm curious as to where Spellcaster will take us. I've talked to her on twitter, so I know that Emma's been getting more witchy. I hope to see more of her witchiness in book two! I also read and enjoyed book one to Goddess Interrupted. Kate and Henry are cute together, and I wonder what kind of person Persephone is and how her coming into the equation will factor into their relationship.

I love historical fiction like Two Moon Princess and Cross My Heart. I haven't read a fantasy book centered on centaurs like Daughter of the Centaurs, or a book centered on mermaids like Lies Beneath. Starters sounds is a thrilling futuristic book while Jersey Angels is a fun, light-hearted read.

Yeah, I read a wide range of books, and I am blessed to be able to read all of these and share my thoughts with you all.
13 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (20)"
  1. Great haul this week!! Some of those covers are just freaking amazing. Have fun reading them!!

    You can check out my mailbox here.
    [:
    -ShawnaLeAnn @ Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read The Selection it has a beautiful cover i hope you enjoy that and everything else! Come check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Selection sounds absolutely amazing and I'm dying to get my hands on a copy and I also got Lies Beneath this week. Great books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab haul <3 So excited for all of these books, especially Lies Beneath & The Selection!!!!! I have yet to read The Goddess Test & Spellbound, but I'm sure I'll love them both!
    Enjoy!
    Here’s My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome IMM as always! The Selection and Lies Beneath looks and sounds really good!

    enjoy reading!

    here's my IMM: http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books, especially The Selection & A Touch Morbid:D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh The Selection! Quite a few people got that this week and it sounds amazing.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! So cool that you got The Selection? Was it on Netgalley? I can't remember.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm so jealous of everything you got!!!! The Selection looks so awesome. I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some really great books! I really need to read a Touch Mortal, I heard great thing s about this series.
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone!

    @Alison: I received a hardcopy of The Selection for review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Starters" is a novel from American author, Lissa Price; a little cracker it is, too! good at teen readers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there, simply becosbobetme alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)