Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (19)

Sunday, January 8, 2012


Kris's Mailbox

For Review:
   








(Click on cover images for book synopsis)

Thanks to HarperTeen and Phoebe Kitanidis, Random House Children's Books, Bloomsbury Children's Books, and ABRAMS

5 of 5 stars to Wings of the Wicked and The Gathering Storm. I loved them. My reviews will be up soon! I usually spend a little more time talking about the books that I received and why I'm excited for them, but the new year's batch just came, and I don't want to ramble on. Let's stick with how excited I am for the paranormal books (love supernatural elements) and for the contemporary reads (because there hasn't been enough of them in the past year).

Gifted:

Thanks to Mindy at Magical Urban Fantasy Reads! I am so, so excited to finally read the sequel to Clockwork Angel!!

Leave your link, and I'll drop by your blog!



Hikari's Mailbox


For Review:


As Gifts:


Borrowed:


(Click on cover images for book synopsis)
Thank you to Quirk Books, Derek Kent, Putnam, Leo and Carina

A package containing Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Scary School, and The Chalk Girl arrived in Hong Kong over the new years from America along with two packs of Sharpies (cue squealing!! They don't sell Sharpies in HK). I've been looking forward to Miss Peregrine since way before it came out and my copy's finally made the cross-Pacific journey!

Hush, Hush is another book I've been looking forward to since about... forever, but haven't had the chance to read it until my friend lent it to me (Thank you, Leo). And since I'm in the middle of reading The Shadow of the Wind, I now have really high expectations for The Prince of Mist since they're both by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and The Shadow of the Wind was simply amazing.

What did you get this week? Leave your link to your IMM and I'll try to drop by!
13 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (19)"
  1. Wow you guys got a lot of awesome books this week!! I hope you enjoy everything! Come check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of great books! Glimmer, Partials, Shoot Stars & Unbreak My Heart (say you me again, undo this hurt that you caused... :p) are all one's i really want to get my hands on! enjoy<3

    Here is my IMM ((:
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome IMM this week! so many great books that I've been wanting to read as well

    enjoy reading!

    here's my IMM: http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got alot
    njoy all
    lookig4ward 2 reviews
    my imm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome IMM Kris! My gosh you got so many books to review! You're lucky... as well as unlucky LOL!

    Here's mine : http://foreverlostinbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/on-my-shelf-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Forever Lost in Books: I know! I was depressed because I was narrowing down my TBR&R pile, and then the January batch came in and now I'm trying to figure out how I'll balance this with everything else I have to do! But never fear, I WILL find a way!! :D

    And I AM super excited for all these books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a copy of The Nightmare Garden - I'm so jealous! I loved The Iron Thorn and can't wait to read the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible set of books this week!! Hope you love'em! HAPPY READING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Susanna: I love THE IRON THORN too. So excited for THE NIGHTMARE GARDEN!! :D

    @Jess: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard Clockwork Prince is really good! I hope you love it!

    ALSO I AM SO EXCITED TO READ PARTIALS. That back cover copy is exciting!

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mailbox! I can't wait to read Glimmer, Partials and Stolen Away, Shooting Stars and Gathering Storm! :) Must read Angelfire soon too…. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. drops dead-
    oh my GOD!!!
    christ you guys!!! you've got amazing books !!!! inclcuding Clockwork Prince, Hush hush and Wings of the Wicked!!! cannot wait to read that one along with CP!!!
    O_O!
    happy reading!!!!
    here's the link to my first IMM of the year if you'd like to stop by
    http://bookpics-reading2alba.blogspot.com/2012/01/imm-1-first-of-year-people.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Wow! That's a lot of books!

    I am dying to read Wings of the Wicket and Scarlett. I have Wonderlove, but have not read it yet.

    Happy reading and thank you for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)