Top Social

Character Interview: Reyn from Immortal Beloved

Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Today, I'm excited to Q&A with Cate Tiernan and Reyn from Tiernan's Immortal Beloved series!


Nastasya has spent the last century living as a spoiled, drugged-out party girl. She feels nothing and cares for no one. But when she witnesses her best friend, a Dark Immortal, torture a human, she realizes something's got to change. She seeks refuge at a rehab for wayward immortals, where she meets the gorgeous, undeniably sexy Reyn, who seems inexplicably linked to her past.

Nastasya finally begins to deal with life, and even feels safe--until the night she learns that someone wants her dead.

Q&A with Cate Tiernan
Where did you find the hot "Viking god" Reyn?
I saw him in a dream. Later, when I came up with the idea for IB, I put him in and he seemed to belong.

He does! I can't imagine Immortal Beloved without him. What do you find most endearing about Reyn?
I love that he's flawed, but trying to do better. I love that he has a hard past and is a little shopworn. I love his loyalty.

I also admire how he's trying to move forward from his past and into a better future. If you got to spend the day with him, where would you go?
Ooh--maybe for a horseback ride? With a picnic? Over gorgeous English countryside? And I would be wearing fabulous clothes?


Character Interview
Reyn

Thanks for joining us, Reyn. To start, would you tell readers a little about yourself?
Like what? Well, I'm immortal, more or less. I don't know what else to say.

How about your decision to do better with your life? In making your decision to stop raiding, what was the first thing you did when you decided to change your way of life?
I stole one of my clan's horses and loaded all my stuff on it and rode away in the night. When I came upon a rocky crevice, I threw all my weapons into it.

Then I almost killed myself climbing down that freaking crevice to get all my weapons back. What a stupid thing to do.

As an Immortal, you must have had a lot of time to try things out. What are your hobbies and interests?
I like horses. I still like swords. Museums are interesting--full of stuff just like what I have locked away in different places. I like travel. History is really interesting. I like food and cooking and wine. I like boats.

What is your favorite food?
Steak. Like a really good steak.

When did you first become interested in Nastasya romantically?
When she lost the black hair and the stupid goth makeup. That was when I noticed how pretty she was. At least, when her mouth was shut. Then . . . the more I got to know her, the more she got under my skin. And even though she still made me crazy, I knew we had to be together. That we were supposed to be together. That she was the one.

What is your favorite memory with Nastasya?
When I've won arguments and she's so mad and her dark, dark eyes are shooting sparks and she looks so furious but she knows I'm right. I love that. Nothing better.

It's been a long journey for you with Nastasya. What are your hopes for the future?
You'll see.


Related Posts
Reviews of Immortal Beloved #1 & #2


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)