Top Social

Treasure Reads (1)

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Treasured Reads is a feature at Imaginary Reads where Kris talks about special reads from the past week. This may be from a character I adore to a new author I discovered to lines from a book that I want to share with readers.

This week, the theme is...


A Contemporary Read

I enjoyed The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. This is a treasure because it isn't all about the romance, and it isn't all about love at first sight. Of course they're interested in each other (or Hadley wouldn't have been looking at Oliver, and Oliver wouldn't have approached her), but they're reasonable about it all. The heart of the story is the family issues that they have, Hadley in particular as she is the narrator, and how they help each other to overcome their worries and fears.

This is a sweet, cute, sometimes-sad story that I highly recommend.

What contemporary reads are you looking forward to?



1 comment on "Treasure Reads (1)"
  1. I'm glad to here this book is more than it's title. I pre-ordered it and am excited to read it. I've been drawn to the contemporary a lot more recently. More stand alones I think. Tired of the series scene.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)