Top Social

Merry Christmas Eve

Saturday, December 24, 2011
Merry Christmas Eve everybody!

Since it's December 24th, it's about time to talk about things like snow and Santa, yeah? Here are some of my favourite Christmassy books as a child, to celebrate Imaginary Reads' first Christmas...

The Night Before Christmas

This is one of my childhood favourites. I've read it again and again throughout the years, and even after all this time, this poem never fails to enchant me.

I find this very weird though--when I first read this poem as a kid, I liked reading the poem more than looking at the illustrations. Uncharacteristic of a six-year-old?

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Okay, I'll admit it. I've read every single one of Dr. Seuss' books, from The Cat in the Hat to How the Grinch Stole Christmas to The Lorax. Yes, I'm a fan.

The Grinch looks so funny in his Santa disguise, and the whole thing is just a brilliant laugh to read, while carrying a deeper meaning. The movie adaption of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, however, is something I haven't watched yet... Mainly because the Grinch looks so ugly in it!

The Little Match Girl

This story is just simply heart-wrenching. I simply love it, and I've read it again and again, even though it used to make me cry. I've even read it multiple times in Chinese.

Anyone who hasn't read The Little Match Girl before simply has to. It's beautiful in a way that tears your heart out.




And here's something I stumbled upon... 
It's all our favourite YA authors singing Winter Wonderland. Mind = blown.
(Maggie Stiefvater is, apparently, not just amazing at writing, but amazing at bagpipes as well... 
Mind = doubly blown.)

Hope you guys get lots and lots and lots of books in your stocking this year!
2 comments on "Merry Christmas Eve"
  1. The Grinch is my very favorite Christmas movie. I watch it every single year. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)