Top Social

Imagine This: Fighting Dystopian Governments

Friday, December 30, 2011
"Imagine This" is a weekly feature that features a question that asks readers to explore a book and come up with an outcome, using the power of imagination.

Austin, me, will be coming up with a question to post on Fridays.

This week's question:

If you were to fight against a dystopian government, which dystopian (book) world would you choose to fight for and why?


Kris's Answer:
I would fight with Lena against the government of Delirium. Without love and other strong emotions, the world would be a sad place. One that must be changed.


Hikari's Answer:
I would fight against XVI's government. Sex trafficking and rape legal at sixteen? That's something I'd fight against. It shouldn't be tolerated in any world.

2 comments on "Imagine This: Fighting Dystopian Governments"
  1. That's a great question!! I would have to agree with you, even though I have not read Delirium (or many dystopians for that matter) I would fight against that government. for example, the government in Divergent is not an evil one (aside from the dauntless faction) they had good intentions in mind even if it turned a little bad but in Delirium that's just not a good option. Another similar one would be Across the Universe (more sci-fi but oh well) again, these had the best in mind but they have been drugging people and making them unemotional, no-no!

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have to agree with Kris. What the government does in Delirium - taking away emotions, especially love - makes life rather pointless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)