Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (13)

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kris's Mailbox

It has been forever since I did IMM. School has kept me so busy, I had to forgo something, and it wasn't going to be reviews! As it has been quite a while, I'm not going to name everything that I received for review, just the more recent ones, so you know what to expect in the future.


Crave: Gorgeous cover. That was enough to lure me in. Then I looked at the plot, and I knew that I wanted to read (review) this! The Clann, the mysterious illness, and Savannah and Tristan's irresistible urge to be near each other despite their family's protests? Yeah, this is my kind of read.

Fractured Light: I love adventures with hero(ine)s on the run for their lives. I can't help it. Fantasy was my first love as a child entering the world of books. Fantasy and magic. And Fractured Light has both of them!

Geek Girl: This is a cute contemporary read that breaks stereotypes. Okay, maybe there's a little of this, but it's about looking under the surface and how we all have a little geek inside of us. I've already read and reviewed this (review to post), and I'll be participating in the Geek Girl blog tour. Look forward to it!


Touch: This looks such such an exciting novel. You don't see too many covers with a hot guy on them, especially not hot guys with names like Kale who meet girls with names like Deznee. I really wanted to find out was just what kind of "law firm" Dez's father manages and what secret Dez is trying to protect... and if Kale will ever find happiness when his touch kills. I received this for review back in September, but I probably won't post my review till a week or two after it comes out unfortunately. I still have a couple October publications whose reviews I need to post.

Hushed: I am an avid follower of YAtopia, and one of the authors who post there is Kelley York. I am so excited that I was able to receive a copy of her debut novel for review. Enough said! (Other than the fact that the plot looks exciting and that the main character is a guy!)



And the big one... Hallowed by Cynthia Hand! I adored Unearthly and can't wait to read more about Clara's adventures. Read my review of Unearthly to learn more about why I'm so excited about Hallowed. It's too much for me to talk about here.
8 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (13)"
  1. Hey Kris. Crave and Fractured Light have both leapt onto my wishlist - they look great and the covers are both gorgeous.

    Happy reading!

    Shelagh
    The Word Fiend

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome IMM hun! I can't wait to see some of your reviews! (:

    Haley @ Ya-Aholic

    My IMM: http://www.ya-aholic.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that you got Hallowed! I can't wait to read it. Geek Girl sounds good too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Hallowed! So wanting to read this one! And I got Fractured Light last week! Hope they're good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome stuff!! I'm getting Hallowed from a friend and I"m really excited to read it :) Hope you enjoy everything!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! Crave and Hush T_T I haven't read Unearthly but completely get why you'd be excited for this one! have fun reading them!! ~argh Touch~!!

    here's my IMM of this week! http://bookpics-reading2alba.blogspot.com/2011/11/imm8-no-video-edition.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. oOoh Touch! I LOVED Touch! Great mailbox for you this week! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crave does look really really good! I hope you enjoy it! Come check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)