Top Social

Follow Friday (22)

Friday, September 30, 2011


Q. What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

I actually wrote a post about this at my personal blog a while ago. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, and the Books of Bayern series by Shannon Hale, are three examples of books that I'd love to see turned to film. If you want to see my explanations for why I want to see them turned to film, you can read my original post. For this post, I'm just going to copy over my reasoning for Anna and the French Kiss since it was published most recently and because I love French culture so much!

I love this book. It named by NPR as one of the top five teen books of 2010 and for good reason. The characters are lovable, Anna’s voice is charming and so is the light romance. Etienne St. Clair, the love interest – the “English French American Boy Masterpiece,” to quote the novel – is hot all around, which is a big must with the (main) romantic interest! Not to mention that Anna finds a great crowd of friends.

It would be fun to see it as a movie because of the cultural experience. It’s easy picturing Anna and St. Clair touring Paris and hanging out over the holidays brought to the screen. Anna does make mistakes sometimes, but no matter her course of action, the reader keeps falling more in love with her and the story. Perkins has a cute, realistic writing style and a story to which every girl can relate. Her book is chick-lit material.


4 comments on "Follow Friday (22)"
  1. On top of my to read pile...I'm sure I'm gonna love this book.
    Great pick.
    My hop: FollowFriday
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book but it sounds super cute!

    Trish - My Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah this would make an awesome chick flick and I'm sure we'll be seeing it on screen in the next year or so.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I think Anna and the FK would be a great movie. Truly perfect.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)