Top Social

Book Review: The Carrier of the Mark

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Title: The Carrier of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Pages: 352
Publisher: Harper Teen
Buy it: Amazon, B&N, Book Depository

A move to Ireland is about to introduce Megan to her destiny, her real destiny, can she embrace it and will she survive it?

A tragedy in Megan’s past set her on a predetermined course. A chain of events has been set in motion that brings Megan to Kinsale, a small town in the south of Ireland where her destiny awaits her. Her life starts to fall into place as she makes new friends and settles into her new school. However, the reclusive and distant Adam DeRís calls to her body and soul.

She finds herself increasingly drawn to Adam and his strange family. Adam knows a secret from her past and he and his family hold the key to her future. A future that binds her to Adam and his world, a world of power, mystery and ancient orders. A world that unbeknownst to her, she very much belongs in.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Carrier of the Mark's coming out next week! I can't wait until the rest of the population gets their hands on Carrier and finally get to see what I'm going to be ranting about.

Two things. One, Adam DeRís is freaking hot. Two, Carrier is freaking good. That's about the whole book summed up, really. Of course, Megan's powers are cool, she's part of something big, and she's one epic heroine. But really, the main thing is that Adam DeRís is hot (in the world according to me).

Maybe you think the whole "there's this huge prophecy--ah!--and I'm going to have to save the world, oh--side note!--I'm like, super attracted to this guy by fate and they're telling us we can't be together" thing has been done too many times. But trust me, try Carrier--just give it one little try. It can be your last "huge prophecy, etc..." book if you like, but... give Carrier a chance. You won't regret it, promise!

Megan was a charming narrator, and I liked her voice immediately. I also loved the whole DeRís family, although they're rather cold at first, they have their reasons. Eventually, they just got to me and I ended up loving them (almost) as much as I loved Adam. Ireland was a very unique location. I fell in love with the beautiful scenes in Ireland and the way Leigh painted them in my mind.

The ending just leaves so much to be desired. I have a million questions whirling in my head, wondering what's going to happen in Carrier #2. Can't believe I'm going to have to wait a whole year before that comes out (and everybody else has to wait another week before Carrier comes out). I'm not happy with the ending at all... I wish it could've been pushed back, oh, another 400 pages?

Check out...


 
Disclaimer: I received a free ARC of this book from the author. No payment was received in return for a review. The receipt of the book had no influence on the opinions expressed in my review.
8 comments on "Book Review: The Carrier of the Mark"
  1. Oh I'm so glad you loved this book too. It's a great read. The ending does leave a lot of questions and I sure didn't want it to end. I'm right there with ya waiting for book 2.

    Thanks for the review.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so good. I've been hearing a ton of good things about it. Glad to see you enjoyed it! I'll definitely have to pick up a copy soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good, the setting of Ireland sounds really beautiful. Maybe I should give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I can't wait to read this one. I'm sure I will love it! Great review. The characters seem really interesting and well developed which is always a great point in a book.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this book sooo much and your review has made me more desperate for it!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously can't wait for this book to come out. Good to know that it's a good book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing so many good things about this book, that the excitement is rubbing off! A hot male lead is always a good thing, too. ;) Haha, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to read about Adam!!

    And you know, I really don't mind the prophecy-fated/forbidden love formula at all! I think each story is different.

    Thanks for an awesome review:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)