Top Social

Book Blogger Hop (19)

Friday, September 9, 2011
Book Blogger Hop

“Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?”

NOT READ PARANORMAL ROMANCE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? *prepares a suspicious black bag* I'm going to kidnap all the paranormal romance authors that I know and love and force them to write more.

Just kidding.

I've actually gone through many genre phases, going with the flow of what's out there on the market or in my library. I trust my fav authors to do good with whatever they decide to write, and I trust the publishing industry to keep churning out more new awesome works. So yeah. I won't give up hope on paranormal romances (since I love supernatural/fantastical elements), but I wouldn't give up reading completely. Reading's in me. I didn't decide that reading dystopian was a bother since I already loved reading paranormal romances. I gave Divergent a try and fell in love with dystopians, and it didn't hurt my love for paranormal romances either. I read both, and I still read contemporary novels and fantasy novels.

In short, I read books for themselves--because the pitch interested me, the first chapter kept me hooked, and I wanted to find out what happens.

What about you? What is (are) your favorite genre(s), and what would you do if authors stopped writing it (them)?
4 comments on "Book Blogger Hop (19)"
  1. Agreed! I doubt many book bloggers would give up reading simply because their favorite genre ceased to exist! There are too many sub-genres within genres to keep it interesting!

    Check out my post: Adventures in Borkdom

    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don’t be shocked but this week I’ve got a straightforward, cut and dried answer to this week’s question... for a change!

    Root for villains? No way, no how. Why am I being so narrow minded? Follow me back to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank God it’s Follow Friday!

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.inthestory.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a follower!
    I hope you will stop by The Writers Voice! It is my new group author blog and posts start tomorrow!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://OurBooksOurVoice.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kidnapping... that's an interesting solution.

    There are so many different things to read even if new books in a favorite genre stopped being published. Please come see what I would read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)