Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (11)

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kris's Mailbox

I received for review:
Ever since I read Divergent, I've been into the dystopian genre. I love reading about what may happen in the future, how humanity may take a turn for the worse, and how a teenager learns truths that have been obscured over the years. Eve takes place in the year 2032 after a deadly virus and its vaccine has wiped out the majority of Earth's population. Eighteen-year-old Eve flees the only home that she's ever known after finding out the horrifying fate the awaits her after graduation. During her journey, she learns that boys aren't all to fear when she meets Caleb, a boy who's been living in the wild. But when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between love and survival.


Most of the books I've received for review recently have been paranormal books and dystopian books, but this week I have something a little different The Shattering is a high-tensioned mystery novel. Seventeen-year-old Keri likes to be prepared for anything that happens, but her life is shattered by her brother's suicide, one thing for which she had not been prepared. When her childhood friend Janna tells her that it was murder, Keri, Janna, and Sione, a visiting tourist, team up through their shared losses of a brother due to apparent suicide. The three begin to unearth disturbing facts: facts that lead to a serial killer, facts that point to those they trust the most.

Which genre of books do you enjoy better? Out of the two listed above, which one are you looking forward to more?
7 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (11)"
  1. The Shattering sounds amazing!

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see what you think of EVE! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve sounds so good. It's on my TBR shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of Eve, I have an eGalley bur really want a print copy!

    Here's My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Shattering looks good. Maybe I will get it at another time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finishing up The Shattering right now. It wasn't what I thought it was.

    Check out Em's IMM!
    Also, check out our giveaway of Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)