Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (10)

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kris's Mailbox


As I haven't been doing IMM for a couple weeks, this will be a culmination of all I've received for review since August.

First, from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers...


Dark Parties by Sara Grant (Goodreads, my review)
Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey (Goodreads)

I'm currently reading Guardian of the Dead and will be reviewing it after I've finished my review of Vanish by Sophie Jordan. Now, I need some help deciding which of two books to read after Guardian of the DeadWard Against Death by Melanie Card and The Marked Son by Shea Berkley.

I really enjoyed the last adult/young adult crossover novel that I read: Bite Me by Parker Blue (expect my review Tuesday!), and I've always enjoyed historical fiction novels. Melanie Card's Ward Against Death incorporates both elements. Twenty-year-old Ward d'Ath has been branded as a criminal by he Quayestri for trying to be a surgeon, so he's left to working as a necromancer. However, upon waking the beautiful Celia Carlyle, he's dragged into solving the mystery of her murder, an investigation further complicated by her mood swings and the many enemies she's made during her life.
The Marked Son is one of few YA books told from a guy's perspective, as compared to all the books with female protagonists that you see out there, so I'm excited for this one. It's about seventeen-year-old Dylan Kennedy who was abandoned by his mother and who has dreams of a girl in white telling him that only he can save her world from an evil, power-hungry lord. What guy wouldn't want to hear those words? The only problem is that her world is full of creatures of horror stories, and his human blood has him marked for death. This is book one in the Keepers of Life series.

So which book should I read and review first? Please vote by commenting on this post. I'd really appreciate it!
8 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (10)"
  1. So many books! I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for The Marked Son! Nice mailbox...can't wait to read your review on Guardian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look good! I'm looking forward to reading Ward Against Death and Dark Parties. Hope you enjoy your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ward Against Death looks really good!! I hope you enjoy all you got!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for Ward Against Death

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Marked Son, I was looking at it on NetGalley and I'd love to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward to read Dark Parties! nice IMM!

    enjoy reading!

    here's my IMM if you want to check it out:
    http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dark Parties! nice! hope you enjoy!

    Check out Sash's IMM!
    Also check out our GREAT giveaways!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)