Top Social

Follow Friday (15)

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Q. How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

I'm still a teen. Currently... I'd say I'm in love with dystopias? They just have this thing about them that I love. I think it's because they could happen at any time. I don't have a really strong genre preference though. I mean, I tend to shy away from historical fiction (hey, I'm a 21st century girl) and whodunnit murder mysteries, but I'll still read them if they're good, or if I have nothing else to read. I'll gobble up any book thrown my way, regardless of genre, as long as it's a book.
9 comments on "Follow Friday (15)"
  1. i love Dystopia, too! Most of the stories there are gripping.

    Old follower here, hopping through!

    my FF:
    http://bookchilla.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/follow-friday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will I ever get to the point of having nothing else to read but a whodunnit murder mysteries. NO, have you seen my TBR pile? =)

    http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/08/follow-friday-8-12-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually haven't read any dystopians. I should get onto that, at least before the Hunger Games movie is out.

    Old Follwer ;) Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE a good dystopian!

    New follower!
    Go check out Sash's answer to the Follow Friday!
    And check out our AWESOME giveaways too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just stopping by from FF.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Follower, please return the favour!
    I totally agree about the historical fiction, for some reason i can't stand it!
    And SNAP about the dystopians, have you read Divergent? I think it is my favourite book this year.
    Stop by when you can, i love meeting new people!
    Have an awesome weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. We're the opposite. I'm not a huge fan of dystopias but I've always loved historical fiction. But I like books from all genres in general.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hikari so many teens have answered dystopian for this week's question, we're so very spoilt for dystopian novels lately, no wonder it's such a fave.

    Here's my Follow Friday post.

    I'm having a
    giveaway for a signed copy of "Passion" by Lauren Kate. Please feel free to enter :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)