Top Social

Follow Friday (14)

Friday, August 5, 2011


Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

Early middle school, I went through a historical fiction craze followed by a classic trend. I was an avid reader those days. When I entered senior high, however, I stopped 'fun' reading altogether because once I started a book I couldn't stop reading. It... took away from much needed homework time.

Fall of 2010, I decided that it had to stop. I couldn't just take away YA fiction from my life. I love reading too much, and I felt that I needed fun in my life. So I went online to B&N and browsed YA books and bought Paranormalcy by Kiersten White and Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.

I read Paranormalcy first. It not only brought YA fiction back into my life, it got me into a paranormal craze. f taught me that werewolves haven't been used up to the max. That werewolves are still in and still have style.

What about you? What books have/currently influence(d) your lives?

10 comments on "Follow Friday (14)"
  1. GFC Follower :) I love your picks! Really good books!

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved both of those books so much! Nightshade was just amazing (I finally got my hands on a copy of Wolfsbane!) and Paranormalcy was pure fun! Awesome picks for your answer!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm following you back for sure! :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still haven't got to read Paranormalcy but I want to.

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/08/follow-friday-8511.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read either of those, but I know what you mean about loving paranormal books! I know I do! Great answer!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following&im following back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. Great choice! Paranormalcy is once of the best YA books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would not be able to stop! I'd go insane and start lurking around the library entrance.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice mini bio.
    - New follower

    Cassandra @ Book & Movie Dimension(http://bmdimension.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to not having enough study time!

    Jodie
    http://sidhinews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of either of those titles. Thanks for the recommend. Friday Post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)