Top Social

Book Blogger Hop (16)

Friday, August 19, 2011
Book Blogger Hop“What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read?”

Hard one... I'm not sure, really. I'm pretty sure one of my more-than-an-inch-thick computer science books claims the prize... Or maybe those cat/dog books I read when I was younger. Those were pretty thick too, according to my aching eight-year-old arms afterwards.

Fiction-wise, it'd probably be The Dream Merchant by Isabel Hoving. I loved that book, even though it was a little slow (and VERY long). Mind you though, that book was worth every page I read.
11 comments on "Book Blogger Hop (16)"
  1. I've never heard of this book! I think it would be hard to keep myself interested for that long if it was slow, so more power to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book before. I can imagine sticking through a slw book if it is interesting.

    Beyond Strange New Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't keep going through a slow book - especially if it's long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through the hop and it looks so cute!

    I never heard of The Dream Merchant and when I looked it up on GR I found out it's actually a Dutch book. As a Dutch girl I'm a bit ashamed now, but I blame it to living in a foreign country :)
    Thanks for the recommendation!

    Here is my post for the Book Blogger Hop if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another that hadn't heard of the book before. Not sure I could stick through a big book like that if it was slow.

    New follower. Our post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have never heard of The Dream Merchant.

    OLD FOLLOWER.

    Stop by my blog to see my comment.

    Stopping by from the Blog Hop from Crazy For Books Website.

    Stop by my blog on August 27 and 28...two giveaways will be going on.

    See this link for details:

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2011/08/mark-your-calendarsaugust-27-and-august.html

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping through! :)

    I've never heard of this book before. I will have to check it out.

    New follower! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My Hop: http://lost-in-lit.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-blogger-hop-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower - come by and visit us www.seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations making it through a long and slow book! LOL. That kind of book wouldn't keep my attention unfortunately. I have to be grabbed from the beginning. That is probably why I like reading suspense books the most. They are exciting. :D

    Jen
    www.jenscozyreadingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)