Top Social

Pre-Birthday Palooza Celebration

Thursday, July 21, 2011
In celebration of Lucia's forthcoming Birthday Palooza week, in which I'm participating, I have invited her to Imaginary Reads to talk a little about herself!


Before we start the interview, tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hey, guys! I’m Lucia from iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books, a MG/YA fiction blog. I started off earlier this year, so I still consider myself a newbie. :) Other than reading, I love chocolate, sushi, music, playing tennis, and my kidneys, Martha and George. If you understand the reference to a popular MG series, brownie points to you! :D  I don’t know how long I can go introducing myself, but I’d love for you to visit me at my blog!

Tell us how you started blogging.
Hm, well… I’ve always been the outsider with my obsession with YA books amongst my circle of friends. I was just Googling around, looking up some of my favorite authors, and I discovered some blogs, the first of which were Lisa Desrochers’ and Mundie Moms. It wasn’t until a month or so later that I decided to create a blog myself for connecting with other book lovers and my favorite authors.

What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Being able to learn inside information about authors/books and being able to SQUEEEE about it with friends I’ve made. :D

What are your favorite books of all time?
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Name the top five hottest characters in your opinion.
HEEHEEHEE. I love this question. :) I might have fainted (from over-swooning) by the end of answering it, though.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:


  • Jace from The Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare)
  • Prince Ash from Iron Fey (Julie Kagawa)
  • Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins)
  • Fang from Maximum Ride (James Patterson)
  • Aiden from Half-Blood (Jennifer L. Armentrout)

  • Those are some swoon-worthy guys!! Now name five authors are you dying to meet. What would you tell them?
    1. J.K. Rowling. “You’re totally awesome.”
    2. Christopher Paolini. “Okay, seriously? It’s about time we heard about Inheritance #4! I was about to show up at your door with a flaming torch.”
    3. James Patterson. “Please don’t kill off Fang. Please don’t separate Max and Fang. Or else I may have to kill you.”
    4. Cassandra Clare. “Will you invent a perfect boy for me, too? I’ll pay you in cookies.”
    5. Rick Riordan. “You need to write faster. I want to find out what happens to Percy. Now.”

    Haha... I bet a lot of us would like to say the same things you want to say. I know I do. Especially the perfect boy one to Cassandra Clare. You can't make them in real life like she can.

    Now... if you could arrange a dinner party with characters and authors, who would you invite and why?
    I did something like this for speech class, only I had a limit of 11 people. *digs it up because I’m too lazy to start all over*
    1. Jesus. He’s an author and a character in the Bible. Also one of the most influential people ever. One of the most influential people in my life. Automatic invite!
    2. C.S. Lewis. Author of my favorite books of all-time. No brainer.
    3. J.K. Rowling. Ditto.
    4. Hermione Granger. She’s only one of my most favorite female protagonists ever.
    5. Voldemort. He would make for some interesting conversation.
    6. William Shakespeare. Ditto. Gotta love that old English speech
    7. Athena (does she count?). One of my most favorite Greek goddesses.
    8. Fa Mulan. She can kick some Hun butt. Plus she’s Asian.
    9. The rest of the people were Mozart, Harry Shum, Jr. and Rachel Ray (who’s cooking!).

    If you could have a book-themed birthday party, which book would you choose? Why?
    HA. Harry Potter. Methinks this is an obvious one.

    If you weren’t blogging or reading, what would you be doing?
    Eating or sleeping. See what an active lifestyle I have?

    Quick shot questions:
    If you could be a superhero for a day, who would you be?
    I’m not one for comic superheroes, so can I just go with a book character? (Yes, call me a nerd.) Annabeth Chase? She was the first person that popped into my head. And I already used Hermione up there.

    What girl wouldn't want to be smart and gorgeous like Hermione?

    Favorite quotation?
    “Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time – I think I’ve forgotten this before.” Wait, what?

    You have amnesia, but then you meet your destined one and it feels like you should know him but you can't since you don't have your memories? If you could invade a bookstore for a day and read all the books you wanted, which books would you read?
    Well if I only get to stay there for a day, I won’t get much reading done. So can I just steal all the books?

    If only. What's your favorite snack?
    Chocolate. Omnomnom.

    If I stole your iPod, what would I find on it?
    I don’t have an iPod. But my music ranges from Dvorak to The Phantom of the Opera to Glee.

    Thanks for interviewing with us, Lucia!


    Remember to check out her...
    Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook Page
    Goodreads
    2 comments on "Pre-Birthday Palooza Celebration"
    1. Thank you guys so, so much! It was fun being around. Also, love the blog design! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks to YOU for joining us here. I had a fun time interviewing you.

      Hikari designed the blog. I added the pretty stars :)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)