Top Social

Once Upon a Read-a-thon Wednesday Mini-Challenges

Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Let's Play Matchmaker!
Nikki from Wicked Awesome Books has challenged us to play matchmaker with characters from different books! This is so exciting. I've always wondered what would happen if characters from different books were brought together, and now I get to play matchmaker!!

To quote Nikki:
We all enjoy a good love story (don't deny it!), but sometimes the two (or three or four) characters involved in a love story struggle so much, that I just want to say, 'hey, _____ would be so much better for you!' So in the spirit of matchmaking, I'm setting you with the task of playing cupid and shooting your arrows at two characters from different books in, what I'm calling, LET'S PLAY MATCHMAKER!
I'm going to pair Ethan from Spellbound with Sarah from A Need So Beautiful. Weird couple? Maybe. I couldn't select characters who are already matched in their respective worlds because I hate tearing apart happy couples, so I was left with the side characters who either haven't had the chance to be matched (like Ethan) and characters who haven't found "The One" (like Sarah). Both of these people are from recent paranormal reads that I've read and whom I believe need a happy ending.

Ethan is a cool guy. He's mature and caring, both of which Sarah really needs in her life, and... let's face it. I want him back from the dead. Sarah is fun-loving and seeking the perfect guy. Sure, Ethan may not be rich, but his aunt has some money so that might count for in Sarah's opinion. Regardless of how much he has at the moment, I bet he's smart enough to make a money.



Recommend a Book!
Today's second challenge is from Ashley at Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing!

To quote her:
Because I'm such a fan of book recommendations, I want you to recommend books to me. I want you to recommend 2 books to me.

The first is any book of your choice. Pick any book you want and tell me and the world why it should be read and loved.

The second is what you would pick as your favorite of the read-a-thon. You can chose to answer this question now, during the third day, or I'll give you one extra day to give that book just waiting to be picked up a chance. :)

1) Any book of my choice
This is an easy choice! The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen is a must-read!!

Sixteen-year-old Macy Queen is looking forward to a long, boring summer. Her boyfriend is going away. She's stuck with a dull-as-dishwater job at the library. And she'll spend all of her free time studying for the SATs or grieving silently with her mother over her father's recent unexpected death. But everything changes when Macy is corralled into helping out at one of her mother's open house events, and she meets the chaotic Wish Catering crew. Before long, Macy joins the Wish team. She loves everything about the work and the people. But the best thing about Wish is Wes—artistic, insightful, and understanding Wes—who gets Macy to look at life in a whole new way, and really start living it.


2) My favorite read-a-thon book
For this one, I'm torn between The Iron Thorn and A Need So Beautiful. Since I talked about it earlier in this post, I'm going to select A Need So Beautiful, so I can talk more about it.

A Need So Beautiful isn't a long book, yet it had me enchanted for an entire day. I found myself hanging on every word, eager to turn the page and yet wanting to absorb every single word. There is action and plot in this story; more than that, there is mystery, yearning, and an underlying current of desperation. Charlotte can't escape the Need, but she doesn't want to be Forgotten. She wants to leave her mark in history just like the rest of us.

I've just finished A Need So Beautiful and already I cannot wait to read the sequel, A Want So Wicked, to find out what happens to Charlotte!!


1 comment on "Once Upon a Read-a-thon Wednesday Mini-Challenges"
  1. I love how you refuse to attempt to break up book couples and decide to go for the unattached ones. I've never read either book, but it sounds like maybe Ethan would be a welcome change for this Sarah.

    Thanks for participating in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)