Top Social

Imagine My Mailbox (6)

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kris's Mailbox

I received for review:


I'm so excited to have received these! Harper Teen produces some of my most favorite books!! Ever since I read Paranormalcy, I've been sucked into the paranormal genre, and Harper Teen always has new and exciting paranormal books.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns: Fantasy was my first love. It's been a while since I saw a fantasy book that appealed to me so much by just reading the pitch. I'm looking forward to this one!

Vanish: I read Firelight almost a year ago and have been anticipating the sequel ever since.

Cold Kiss: This is a new paranormal book. A girl bringing her boyfriend back from the dead? Having to keep him secret? Him not being who he used to be? I can't wait to find out what happens!

A Beautiful Dark: The cover is gorgeous, the guys are hot and mysterious, and this looks like an epic paranormal read!


I ordered from Harper Teen:


Shadowcry and Dead Rules are two recent releases that I have been anticipating for a while now. Again, I've been getting into the paranormal genre now, and I'm always looking for new paranormal stories, and Harper Teen is the first source to which I turn for said stories. I've heard so many good reviews for these two books, and I'm excited to have them!

Lark is a book that I've been wanting to read but hadn't gotten around to getting. To tell the truth, while the pitch looked exciting, I hadn't heard so much about the book, so I wasn't sure what to think about it. Then I thought, well why should I let the lack of buzz keep me from reading it? Just because it's not everyone's cup of tea doesn't mean that it won't be mine. So I decided to give it a try!

The Juliet Club is an old Harper Teen publication that looks like a cute and whimsical read. While I'm really into the paranormal genre now, it doesn't mean that I should let it take over my bookshelves!

I'm set with Harper Teen publications for a while. Now I need your help. What should I read first?




Hikari's Mailbox


I received for review...


Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

From Singapore! (Yeah, I couldn't help buying books, even in another country. It's an addiction, I swear)

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margeret Stohl
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

As gifts...

Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens from the ever-awesome Jenn Laurens
Vesper by Jeff Sampson, thank you, HarperTeen and Inkpop!
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, again, thanks to HarperTeen and Inkpop!
4 comments on "Imagine My Mailbox (6)"
  1. What a beautiful header. Good selection of books. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog. I also got Vanish and Girl of Fire and Thorns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a nice stack of books this week in your mailbox. I cannot wait until Vanish comes out. I really want to read that one.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Before I Fall is supposed to be a great book. I don't believe I've ever read anything by Lauren Oliver, but I know eventually that's going to change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great haul! Awesome stuff... I can't wait to read Vanish :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)