Top Social

Follow Friday (9)

Friday, July 1, 2011



Ack! Your favorite book/movie character (example: Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.

I'm sitting in a big fluffy armchair, drinking hot chocolate, when I hear footsteps coming into the room. I glance up, expecting nobody in particular. I'm going to look at the person, identify the person, and go back to reading my book.

I look.

I turn back to my book.

I look again.

It's really him....

It's Howl from Howl's Moving Castle!

He's my all-time favorite book-to-movie character. He's funny, witty, and cute with all his quirks. Plus, when you say book-to-movie characters, the first that comes to mind is anime-style characters because the art is just so, so amazing.

If you want to talk book-to-real-life-people characters, It's Elizabeth Bennett for sure. The 1995 BBC edition. She's beautiful and witty. She's well-read, educated, and stands up for herself. She also knows when to admit that she's been wrong. She's my role model.

Please don't ask why I'm leaving out the interactions between me and Howl and me and Elizabeth. I'd be too dumbfounded to do much more than offer them a seat and hope that they move the conversation.

post signature
8 comments on "Follow Friday (9)"
  1. OMG, Howl is a perfect choice. I love him so much. And that movie is great-one of my faves

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, new follower stopping by from the blog hops! I've never heard of Howl, but I should check out the movie! Go to my Follow Friday post on my blog! Happy Friday.

    Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice!

    Thanks for visiting stuckinbooks.com #FF

    Following back

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought Lizzy was far prettier than Jane in that adaptation! I love it too - especially the bit where she rereads Darcy's letter.... ahh, those facial expressions!

    New follower hopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old follower hopping by to return the visit! Oh, I hear you on Howl. He's awesome. He may be an animated character, but he's an animated character voiced by /Christian Bale/. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohmygod! I actually gasped out loud when you said Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. I then thought "mannnnn. I should have freaking picked him." LOL

    You are awesome. Your blog is cute. and now that you have mentioned my. favorite. movie. of. all. TIME, I'm your latest follower :)

    ♥ Trish
    Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through via Parajunkee. I'm having a giveaway on my blog this weekend, so please stop by!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Kris! Can I just tell you how beautiful your blog design is? Because I adore the whole magical theme!

    New follower for sure! :)

    Your scenario made me LOL! I think your the only person I've seen to write your response that way, and that makes me love your blog even more! Uniqueness is a good thing ;)

    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)