Top Social

Follow Friday (12)

Friday, July 22, 2011


Q. Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?



1. Kiersten White
She has an awesome, awesome, awesome, wicked sense of humor. Sure, Twilight brought in the paranormal craze, and I'm grateful that it did because it's thanks to Twilight that there are so many great paranormal books out there. However, I honestly didn't think to pick up paranormal books because of Twilight. It wasn't until I read Paranormalcy that I really got into the genre. It's light, flirty, and yet has that underlying current of darkness familiar to most paranormal books out there nowadays. It's funny, and it's dark. I love it. With Kiersten at the table, there's sure to be a fun atmosphere.

2. Sarah Dessen
I LOVE Sarah Dessen's books. If I had to list my top ten favorite contemporary novels, her novels will top the list. There aren't many out there that can compare to hers. (If you know of any, please tell me. I'm afraid that I'm going to run out of Dessen books to read soon!!) I'd love to have an hour to talk with her and how she comes up with her plots and writes so realistically!

3. Cassandra Clare
I love the Mortal Instruments series. I love Clockwork Angel, and I'm looking forward to Clockwork Prince. I need to ask her where she comes up with such awesome people (read: such hot guys) and ask her where I can find some of my own. On a more realistic scale, I want to thank her for writing such stunning books (they shine like book angels) and for continuing the series without making it overdone.

11 comments on "Follow Friday (12)"
  1. All great choices!!

    I'm an old follower :D

    I love your blog design, it's very pretty :)

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices!
    If we were allow more than three Cassandra Clare would be on my list!
    New follower!

    Check out my follow friday/blog hop/ TGIF here: http://wordsontheshelf.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-blogger-hop-tgif.html

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm hopping through and following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I met Sarah Dessen at a book signing. She is fabulous. Good choices.

    Here's my FF: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/07/follow-friday-7-22-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm a new follower here. I've been lucky enough to meet both Sarah Dessen and Cassandra Clare at signings - they are both great!

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! Sarah Dessen would be my number four!!! I love her books ^.^ You have very nice choices :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sarah Dessen! And I chose Cassandra Clare in my top three too! Nice picks :) Here's my FF if you want to check it out!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love Cassandra Clare and Kiersten White. They are both great! I haven't read any Sarah Dessen but I keep seeing her name pop up, so I will have to read something!

    Thanks for the Follow and now I am following you! Love your blog!

    New Blogger and new to Follow Friday!

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices!
    Thanks for stopping by :)
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I agree with you on all three. I'd love to meet Kiersten. She really livened up the paranormal seen. I can't wait for Supernaturally.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't heard of those authors, but they sounds good.

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)