Top Social

Follow Friday (10)

Friday, July 8, 2011
Q. Let's step away from besties...What is the worst book that you've ever read and actually finished?


Ugh... a lot. There was this picture book about whales I read when I was five that I absolutely hated. It took me two weeks to get past the ugliness of the first page and stomach the rest of it. I finished it, but I still hated it. And I think the five-year-old book report I wrote reflected that. A recent one I hated would be Tomorrow When The War Began by John Marsden. I had to read it in class and I absolutely hated it. Hated the characters, the plot, the writing, ugh. We had to write a character analysis afterwards. I spent 3,000 words detailing how much I hated the book and how John Marsden was racist even though I was supposed to be writing about Lee. I still think my teacher marked me down 'cause he adored that book. He says he didn't.


12 comments on "Follow Friday (10)"
  1. LOL! I missed that whale book in school. Wow you had to write a report on a book you hated. Not fun. *Still laughing*

    Old Follower

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/07/follow-friday-7-8-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi & Happy Friday!

    I haven't read this one - a good thing ;)

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new follower. That's funny about the whale book!

    ~Chrisy

    http://loveofbooks409.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,

    Old follower here! That reminds me of so many books that I read in highschool and hated! But maybe I only hated them because I had to read them and then write an essay. AHHH! thank goodness I don't have to do that anymore. Hope you have a great weekend.

    My FF: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-10.html

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, new follower here from the hop! Love your blog! :)

    I haven't read a lot that I didn't like lately too. I now have something to skip from adding to my TBR list. Happy Friday!

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-6-other-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha you're hilarious! I'm so amused by how you wrote that 3000-word report-can't imagine having to read a horrid book AND needing to writing a report on it :S

    Old follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I'm a new follower hopping by to say hello. Haha, the whale story is hilarious. I liked Tomorrow When The War Began though.

    Char

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that's funny! Well, at least you got to rant and vent after finishing it!

    I'm a new follower by the way :)

    You can see my FF post at the link below-- have a great weekend!!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I haven't read either one. So I don't think I will. I'm a new follower. My Friday Follow is up at Coffee Table Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll remember to stay away from whale books when reading to my niece. :P At least I won't make her write a book report on it.

    New follower! :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Required reading is the worst! Why do teachers always pick bad books? New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through. Years ago I read Letters from the Inside by Marsden. It still creeps me out.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)