Top Social

Book Blogger Hop (12)

Friday, July 22, 2011
Book Blogger Hop

What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

Horror/thriller.

I know that I haven't read many great books by not reading this genre. I haven't read any Stephen King books, and from what my friends and teachers have said, I'm missing out on a goldmine of great books. I wish I could read them, but it's too easy for me to imagine what it'd be like to be in the protagonist's position, in the antagonist's mind (no, I'm not bouncing off walls in there. Promise!).

So... horrors and thrillers have been on my to-avoid list for a long, long time. Maybe around the time I read Dracula in elementary school and had nightmares for months. (Nowadays, I can read Dracula. I just try and avoid horrors and thrillers as much as possible, which is pretty easy as long as my English teachers don't assign me another Agatha Christie book to read. Yeah... I'm missing out on quite a lot of good books here, aren't I?)
5 comments on "Book Blogger Hop (12)"
  1. I feel the same, except my problem is the opposite, horror doesn't scare me. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to get into Horror stuff, but I had to stop myself from watching CSI even though I love it because I get really paranoid and freaked out haha!

    Check out my follow friday/blog hop/ TGIF here: http://wordsontheshelf.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-blogger-hop-tgif.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shivers* Horror scaaares me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I like suspenseful but not scary!

    Have a great weekend!
    www.gracedwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)