Top Social

Follow Friday (8)

Thursday, June 23, 2011


In light of the Summer solstice also known as Midsummer... let's talk about faeries. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

This is a toughie. Regarding fairy tales, I love the original Grimm versions, not the Disney retold versions. But I do like some retellings like Spindle's End (Sleeping Beauty) and more recent retellings like Entwined.

Regarding fae books, I LOVE the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr. No question. I own the entire series, and it's one that I could reread over and over again. The different fae are all so interesting and lovable in their own fashions.

I also love Prince Ash from the Iron Fae series by Julie Kagawa. And Puck is an awesome character as well.
post signature
16 comments on "Follow Friday (8)"
  1. Hi & Happy Friday :)

    I have had the Iron Fey series on my TBR pile for ages! I must get started on them one of these days. Great choices!

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! There are so many stories to choose from; this was quite the difficult question for me. I'd love if you checked out what I picked for this FF :D

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey stopping by from follow friday, great choices & great blog! Looking forward to more posts. Have a great weekend. New follower!

    Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old follower stopping by! Haha I myself don't know the difference between Disney versions and Grimm versions, sad to say ):

    My FF
    Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - stopping by through Follow Friday. I must just say that your blog has blown me away! Great job guys!

    I also know what you mean by the original Grimm tales vs the Disney versions - to read, the originals are much better. I haven't read a lot of fae books, so I'm going to have to do my homework after this question. ;)

    Shelagh (New Follower)
    The Word Fiend

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi,

    You have some great choises!
    Have a great weekend!
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleeping Beauty and Wicked Lovely - we have a perfect match. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to get to these!

    New follower!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm a new follower here from Follow Friday. I hope you'll get a chance to check out my blog! Your site is gorgeous :)

    Nikki @ for the love of books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sound like some really good books that I'll be looking for. I'm your newest follower through FF. Please visit my site whenever you get a chance.

    http://wowfromthescarfprincess.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I haven't read The iron Fey series or Melissa Marr's series before, but they sound really great.

    I'm a new follower btw and I'd love if you'd follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there, I found your blog via Follow Friday, and I'm your latest follower!

    If you get a moment, head over to Teen Fiction Centre and have a look around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have started to follow you b/c your blog is lovely and I have made some very good friends online too. You may be under my age limit for my blog but take a look and see.
    <a href="http://fangswandsandfairydust.com”)> Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust</a>
    @fangswandsfairy
    steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, we found your beautiful blog through Follow Friday! Have a great weekend!

    Cheers & Happy Writing~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely agree with you about preferring the un-Disneyfied versions of fairy tales. It's interesting to go back and see how much darker the stories were than how Disney told them (I'm looking at you, Little Mermaid).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping through. I am totally Team Ash. I can't wait for Iron Knight.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love hearing from readers! To receive notifications of replies to your comments, just click “Notify me” in the bottom right corner of the comment box to subscribe to the thread! :)